Bowen addresses the entire body, by restoring balance via the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS). Healing can occur only after the ANS shifts from Sympathetic to Parasympathetic dominance (rest, relax and repair).
Bowen can be beneficial in a wide range of situations. It can assist recovery from many conditions, from traumatic injury to chronic illness, depending upon each individual’s capacity to heal. Many clients report that Bowen is the most relaxing modality they have ever experienced.
Some of the conditions that often respond favourably to Bowenwork are:
- Back pain and sciatica
- Digestive and bowel problems
- Earache and TMJ problems
- Migraines and other types of headaches
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Hip, knee, ankle and foot problems
- Menstrual and hormonal irregularities
- Neck and shoulder problems (including ‘frozen shoulder’)
- Groin pain, pelvic tilt and uneven leg length
- Respiratory problems and hayfever
- RSI, carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow
- Sports and other traumatic injuries