Reiki is a specific type of subtle energy work in which healing is performed by the touch of hands, allowing the flow of energy from a limitless source (God Force) to the patient via the Reiki Practitioner.
Reiki healing is a natural therapy that gently balances life energies and brings health and wellbeing to the recipient.
Disease comes from disharmony and wellness from a state of wholeness.
Wholeness is achieved by addressing our whole life – physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. It is not enough to be focused on some areas of our lives and ignore others.
Reiki is a method of self-realization, a path to the light, to God, or to oneself.
Reiki requires no background knowledge of philosophy, religion, medicine, or the like, and can be used by any person, of practically any age.
Mikao Usui (Dr. Usui), who is credited with discovering/rediscovering the root system now called Reiki, was born August 15, 1865 in the Japanese province of Gifu.
As a child, he studied in a Tendai Buddhist monastery school, and was also a student of martial arts.
It is very likely that Dr. Usui incorporated ideas and knowledge about healing from other systems, both spiritual and physical, such as Chinese Medicine, Qigong, the Japanese equivalent Kiko, acupuncture and others.
To learn more about Chakras, please click here.
Benefits of Reiki
- Creates deep relaxation and assists the body to release stress and tension
- Accelerates the body’s self-healing abilities
- Improves sleep
- Helps relieve pain
- Supports the immune system
- Assists the body to detoxify itself.
- Reduces the side effects of drug therapy after surgery or chemotherapy
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
- Complements other Eastern and Western treatments